General dental care and checkups are the responsibility of the patient. We recommend that you see your dentist every six months during active orthodontic therapy.
- Our fee includes only the procedures performed in this office. It does not cover other dental needs provided by other offices (fillings, cleanings, extractions, x-rays, oral surgery, etc).
- Periapical x-rays of the upper four front teeth will be requested at your dental checkup to monitor root length. This will be an additional charge to you at your general dental office.
- If an appliance or retainer is lost there will be an additional charge for its replacement. If an appliance is broken because of misuse or abuse, there will be an additional charge.
Successful treatment is dependent on the following:
- Keeping of appointments as scheduled. Broken appointments interrupt treatment progress and prolong treatment.
- Care of appliances: broken. lost or distorted appliances add to treatment time.
- Patient cooperation.
- Oral hygiene.
- Our services will be discontinued for lack of cooperation.
Appointments are scheduled at different intervals depending upon treatment needs. Most of our patients are school age children or working adults and some appointments must be scheduled during school or work hours. We try to accommodate each patient's individual needs.
Should it be necessary to change an appointment, please call the office as soon as possible. Because appointments are scheduled several weeks in advance, we ask that you give us at least 24 hours' cancellation notice.